Sundanese Marriage

Within this month, I went abroad Jakarta twice to visit my families' weeding parties. Both were held in Ciawi and Majalengka using Sundanese custom and tradition. Indeed my mom is Sundanese.

As we know the tradition in Indonesia, most couples who are having wedding tend to include some particular ceremony and certain entertainment according to their custom, culture, and tradition. Even for those who already leave their home land or kampung halaman, they keep it. No wonder, every time I visit wedding receptions in Jakarta, I could easily feel the aura of 'Sundanese', 'Javanese', 'Batak', 'Minangkabau', and so on. Unfortunately, the aura of cosmopolitan live-style could still be felt. The reception is usually held in certain place and at certain time. I think simplicity and convenience make City Nurhaliza ups.. sorry :D , most citizens tend to do so.

For short then, the Sundanese marriage consists of four processes which could take two or three days, I think Javanese do the similar processes. There are: purification process (usually siraman), nuptial agreement (akad nikah), traditional Sundanese ceremonies, and the reception or party for friends and relatives. Unfortunately, I did not manage to take all the parts. I missed the purification process.

Okay then, I was lucky to be in part of their wedding committee, became a photographer though. So I could record everything I found interesting from the beginning to the end of ceremony. Since we always take photos of persons posing their best style, I almost forgot my task to perpetuate photos of families, relatives, and friends. They do not seem interested to be perpetuated, do they? :D

Here are some pictures I took during my cousin's weeding in Ciawi


After the nuptial agreement or Akad Nikah


The groom and bride were shy being shouted by their relatives and friends


What a happy couple :)


Jaipong Dancer is performing "Jaipongan"

And here are some other pictures I took during my auntie's wedding in Majalengka.


Diesel machine used to generate electricity


Work hard for the food


The groom was being guarded


The dancers welcomed the groom and his relatives


Also after the nuptial agreement. Both looked so overstrung didn't they?


Dangdut time... :D Yee haa, let's move our body.


Those are my relatives and single. Which one do you like?