TOEFL Preparation

For many Indonesian people who are lucky enough to have higher education (university or collage) would probably have been studing English for years. Correct me if I'm wrong, it would be at least 6 years studying English -3 years in Junior High School and 3 years in Senior High School. But still, few of them are get used to communicating in English -me also.

In my opinion, there must be something wrong regarding English pedagogy particulary in Indonesia. As far as I could remember, learning English was not fun and, frankly, one of some lessons I really wanted to avoid during my junior and senior high school classes. English class was really boring. I remembered the day when I was scolded by my parents after they knew my English mark was 5 (out of 10). It forced me to get extra English course though :D

Somehow, I realize that fluent in English is really important. I buy regularly National Geographic International Edition magazine. And I read a lot many English articles on the Internet. So far I think my English has improved. But I don't know the level of improvement. At least, now I seldom open my dictionary when I read English articles.

And the good news is that my bos has ordered me to have TOEFL course. My institution has payed all the course fee. To tell the truth I have never been involved in any TOEFL examinations. This will be my first TOEFL though. So I think this is a very great oportunity. I wonder how high my TOEFL score would be. Would it be under 500 or above 550? Well, I am so excited learning English now.

*opening my English Grammar page 90 "Key facts about tenses"*